Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"You can't eat just one"...

When it comes to potato chips, for me, the above has never been true, but candy, cookies, brownies, and other things of the sugary and/or chocolately variety are another story.

In years past when I have given up sugar and/or chocolate for Lent, I have gone through serious withdrawals, to the point where it was apparent to those around me and folks knew to give me some space for a couple days.  Yeah, that serious!  So this is why it's difficult and sometimes impossible for me to have just one.  This is the reason why I only bake & take...as in away, to work, to a party, as a gift, etc. 

Anywho, this weekend I found myself with a brownie craving, which went on for a couple days.  Being on the health-conscious path that I'm on, I know better than to do big baking on the weekends, so I did a quick google search and found a recipe for a single brownie that had a five-star rating.  It took three trials for me to get it right but last night when I did, it was scrum-diddly!!! Only a scoop of vanilla ice cream could have made it better, if only!!  At 290 Calories & 15 grams of fat, this recipe is by no means low-fat or healthy but it's better than eating half a pan of brownies or being tempted to do so.  Anywho, see the recipe below:

2 tbs sugar
2 tbs flour
1 tbs cocoa powder
a dash of salt
1 tbs vegetable oil
1 tbs water
small microwave safe bowl

1. Mix all of the dry ingredients together FIRST.  (This is key.  I don't usually follow or stick to recipes, except for when I bake!!!)  2. Add the oil and water and mix well. 3. Microwave for about a minute. (More or less depending on your microwave).4. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
In the pursuit of today...