Friday, February 4, 2011

Affirmations

af·fir·ma·tion



1. the act or an instance of affirming; state of being affirmed.
2. the assertion that something exists or is true.
3. something that is affirmed; a statement or proposition that is declared to be true.
4. confirmation or ratification of the truth or validity of a prior judgment, decision, etc.
5. Law . a solemn declaration accepted instead of a statement under oath.

I have long read the benefits of affirmations and even reasoned why they would be helpful to me.  But I wasn't too excited about the practice of reciting them because it seemed kind of cooky since technically you are talking to yourself.  Well, I have gotten over myself and I'm a believer: 1. Because I am a believer and the Bible has a lot to say about the power of words & thoughts. i.e."Death and life are in the power of the tongue..."-Proverbs 18:21 "As a man thinketh, so is he"-Proverbs & 2. Because it works!! 

Since the beginning of the week, I have been reading affirmations before bed and I have been noticing positive changes already, but none more than this morning when I woke up nearly pain-free after falling down stairs yesterday! A couple of the affirmations are about being in perfect health, and having a sound body, etc. Others are about how I view the world, other people, love and fear, but many are biblical.

I figure, as a person roaming the world you are subject to encounter any number of negative messages throughout your life, and even the strongest amongst us can't help but be affected at some point.  For me this is a way at countering those negative messages and affirming the positive things that I believe already exists and those that I would like to see become reality.

Not sure where to start?

I am {insert what you want to become or continue to be}

e.g.
I am Beautiful
I am Fearfully & wonderfully made
I am Loved
I am Brave
I am Powerful
I am Strong
I am Free
I am everything that God says about me
I am who I say I am

Just to get you started, now make it personal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
In the pursuit of today...