So Friday after work I ended up at Marshall's with a cofriend (coworker & friend). I left with a 32 ounce bottle of conditioner and some tortilla chips, both with promising natural ingredients. The conditioner was $7, down from the original price of $34, I love to save! But that's a post for another day, as is the conditioner.
So the chips? Best healthy chip EVER! And at only 110 calories & 4.5 grams of fat per serving (13 chips), they are quite the find!!
I ran into them again at Whole Foods on Sunday sitting near another tasty brand of healthy tortilla chips I found at a rest stop last fall. Check out the love below! :)
Late July Organic Mild Green Mojo Chips pack a lot of flavor with a little spice all in one bite, so they're good by themselves or with something that isn't overpowering like guacamole (my favorite).
FoodShouldTasteGood Tortilla Chips have an understated taste and would probably go best with something that has kick, like sharp cheddar cheese and medium salsa.
At Safeway, my second stop on my grocery stop, I headed straight to the frozen food section for my waffles. Last week they were on sale and I was hoping they still were. They were not, AND the regular price increased by $0.50! I was about to walk away until I looked over and saw a comparable replacement for $1 less...As health conscious as I am, I'm unlikely to eat something that doesn't taste good, and my Eggos never let me down, but I decided to try something different and seemingly healthier instead, especially since it was on sale. The risk was worth it and my wallet & stomach were satisfied.
Kashi 7 Grain Waffles are the tastiest & healthiest frozen waffle I've ever had. I spread a little coconut oil and/or peanut butter, sprinkle ground flaxseed, slice half a banana on top and then drizzle with honey. Yum! If you're into Eggos, you'll really like these, but hurry and catch them while they're on sale!!
No comments:
Post a Comment