Friday, February 4, 2011

To be healthy for health's sake...

is the new goal.  No longer gonna play the numbers game, where my mood, motivation, and general outlook can be affected by what number popped up on the scale.

This new attitude is probably a byproduct of affirmations but mostly stems from a YouTube video I watched earlier where the young lady was on a quest, wait for it, to GAIN weight. ::gasp::  I think they whole concept was confusing until I listened to the back story of how being teased for being skinny had effected her, and how she had a hard time keeping weight on.  Towards the end of the video, she posted a picture of herself at 100 pounds, her normal weight, 150, her post baby weight that she loved and was aiming to get back to and her current weight 128, which she is fine with but trying to take measures to either maintain or build on. 

Though most women, including myself, find themselves on the other side of this, it all boils down to being happy with what you see when you look in the mirror, regardless of what anyone else feels or has to say about it. 

I realized that I should be trying to be healthy because it feels good, not for the sake of pursuing a previous weight that was achieved by questionable means based on a skewed notion of what I needed to look like, which was largely based on outside influences.  I love my shape, so moving forward my goal will be to improve on that which I already love, and if numbers drop, well then so be it, but if not, I'll still be healthy and feel good.

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
In the pursuit of today...