So a couple months ago, I found myself at a fork in the road, not really sure what I wanted, much less how to get it. I had long heard that writing things down and having a visual are important parts of achieving goals, but I guess I never really believed.During that time, I woke up one morning and decided to take the day off and try to get my head together. By noon, I had gotten nowhere, so with only the slightest idea of how to, I decided to make a vision board. Feeling like I was on to something but not knowing where to begin, I called up a couple friends who I thought might and they wanted in. I provided the scissors, glue & magazines and they bought the posterboards, snacks and more magazines.
For the next few hours we sat on the living room floor cutting out whatever appealed to us, while talking, laughing, snacking and watching Oprah. At the end, our "vision" was pretty clear.
Unlike the others, mine (above) was filled to capacity. And though what I wanted and who I wanted to be turned out to be A LOT, at least I now had it down on paper. My vision board revealed a desire to be and do good for myself, the world around me and the places I travel to, in my relationships, my home, my closet and my life's work. Considering that summary and the current road that I am on, I need to have another look or two at my board.
Winter is almost over. Old things are beginning to die where new ones will eventually grow, and rebirth is being breathed into that which is dormant. It's time to take inventory and decide what stays and what goes. Letting go of the old, worn-out and mediocre, no matter how comfortable it is, will only making room for the fresh and new. Keep only what lines up with the vision you have for the life that you want and the person you want to be. Happy Spring Cleaning!!
No comments:
Post a Comment